WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we may collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We may collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you reject cookies, you may still use our Site, but your ability to use some features or areas of our Site may be limited.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Local storage, such as HTML5, stores content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
Additionally, to access certain functionalities (e.g., “Contact us” form), we may collect certain information from you, including your name, country and e-mail address. We refer to this information as “User Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use the User Information that we collect to communicate with you concerning the question or feedback you have sent us through the “Contact us” form;
We may use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site to ensure that relevant information is presented to you, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING OF THE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We only collect and process the Collected Information where we have a legal ground to do so, i.e. if at least one of the following applies:
- You have given your consent to the processing of the Collected Information, for one or several purposes;
- Processing the Collected Information is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the ones of our partners, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal data.
HOW TO WITHDRAW MY CONSENT FOR COOKIES?
If you have accepted cookies and want to withdraw your consent, simply follow this link: https://www.babyzen.com/reset-consent
LIST OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Processing #1: Collect your contact details (name, email address, country, etc.)
- Purpose: Answering your queries. Gathering the Collected Information allows us to remain in contact with you. As such, we can answer any of your queries and requests.
- Legal Basis: Necessary for the execution and the performance of the contract
Processing #2: Collect your contact details (IP address, browser type, etc.)
- Purpose: Customize the user experience. We can use the Collected Information to clearly grasp how you make use of the services and resources provided on our Website. This can enable us to optimize the Website’s layout to make the user experience as intuitive and straightforward as possible and to improve our products and our services.
- Legal Basis: You have given your consent to the processing of the Collected Information, for one or several purposes
Processing #3: Collect your contact details (IP address, browser type, etc.)
- Purpose: Resolution of complaints and disputes. We may use the Collected Information to resolve disputes, address complaints, and troubleshoot technical problems. We may also use it to protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of others, carry out our obligations, and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Legal Basis: Our legitimate interest to protect our rights and obligations and the rights and obligations of others.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH WHOM?
We may share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes listed above.
In particular, we use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to help us understand how our customers use the Site - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
When sending a request through our “Contact us” form, your message will be sent to a BABYZEN department or to a BABYZEN distributor, depending on the selected country. As a result, and in this process specifically, your Personal Information (name, email address and country) may be shared with BABYZEN distributors.
IS PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE EU OR EEA?
When needed, your personal data may be transferred and/or processed outside the European Union. BABYZEN has taken all necessary measures to secure that the transfers only take place within the limits set by law.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We employ procedural and technological measures reasonably designed to protect your Personal Information under our control from loss or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Where reasonably practical, we use encryption, firewalls, and other security technology to help prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Information.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Should a data breach occur, we will notify you by email within 7 business days.
YOUR RIGHTS - HOW CAN YOU MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of Google’s targeted advertising by visiting: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We may not recognize or take action in response to Do-Not-Track (DNT) signals from Web browsers. At this time, there is not any universally accepted standard for a company’s adoption for how to respond when a DNT signal is detected. In the event a final standard is established, we will determine how to appropriately respond to these signals.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
HOW TO CONTACT US FOR PRIVACY INQUIRIES?
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at: email@example.com
We will do our best to respond to requests as quickly as possible and at latest, within one (1) month from the date of receipt of the request. In case a response from us would require more time, then we will inform you of the relevant reason and the estimated timeline. If you consider that the handling or outcome of your request is not satisfactory, you may contact the competent supervisory authority.
Last update: April, 9th 2020